Helps students apply personal leadership principles to the tough choices they face every day.
Life for teenagers today is much harder and more complex. There is an increased pressure to achieve academically at school, an obsession with social media that goes way beyond addiction and a real lack of life skills to cope with any real, or perceived challenges. Teenagers find it almost impossible to unplug their electronic devices and focus on building real and meaningful relationships.
Based on the bestselling book by Sean Covey, the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens® programme helps teenagers practically apply personal leadership principles to the tough choices they face in the 21st century. The programme is a mean for educators and parents to build teenagers self-confidence and interpersonal skills, improve student’s emotional wellbeing, boost achievements as well as raise life aspirations, and reduce school-wide discipline problems.
The 7 Habits help teenagers to gain vital perspective of what is really important. It works from the inside out approach that gives them a mindset and skill set to cope with adversity and makes them less likely to get stressed out over setbacks. Most importantly, it gives teenagers the skills to build effective relationships and get on well with others.
Highly effective teenagers exhibit seven habits in common.
● Gain greater control in their lives with 21st century life skills.
● Improve relationships with family and friends.
● Increase confidence, emotional wellbeing and academic performance.
● How to manage time effectively and spend less wasted time on unproductive things.
● How to make better decisions and overcome peer pressure
● Define their values, goals and what matters most to them
● Find balance between school, friends, social media and everything else
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens® programme is available and can be customised for different age groups, from kindergarten to tertiary, and can be facilitated in different formats.